Tuesday, November 6, 2007

What I'm listening to right now...

Here are my 5 favorite podcasts right now, in no particular order:

1. Accidental Creative. It's designed for professionals who work in creative fields. Always has something that will get you thinking. Todd Henry is a great interviewer!

2. Prarie Home Companion. Right now, they only podcast the News from Lake Wobegon each Saturday. Hopefully the whole show will be available soon. Either way, Keillor is one of the great American storytellers.

3. The God Journey. Two guys who talk about Christian life outside the traditional church structures. These 2 are a treasure for God's people. It might be a little disconcerting for people who are really attached to the institutional church, but sometimes disconcerting is fun!

4. Missionary Talks. I just discovered this one, but I love the idea: a guy who has a passion for missions interviewing missionaries. So far, I like it a lot!

5. We're Both Right. I've mentioned this one before. Mostly, it's 2 guys goofing off in front of a microphone, talking about movies, music, news, and life in general. They make me laugh every episode.

Well, there's my top 5. The amazing thing is that I didn't mention my own podcast even once.

Until now.

The best podcast by far would be the dulcet tones of Notes from the Way. All the best stuff about the Christian life...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei seu blog pelo google está bem interessante gostei desse post. Gostaria de falar sobre o CresceNet. O CresceNet é um provedor de internet discada que remunera seus usuários pelo tempo conectado. Exatamente isso que você leu, estão pagando para você conectar. O provedor paga 20 centavos por hora de conexão discada com ligação local para mais de 2100 cidades do Brasil. O CresceNet tem um acelerador de conexão, que deixa sua conexão até 10 vezes mais rápida. Quem utiliza banda larga pode lucrar também, basta se cadastrar no CresceNet e quando for dormir conectar por discada, é possível pagar a ADSL só com o dinheiro da discada. Nos horários de minuto único o gasto com telefone é mínimo e a remuneração do CresceNet generosa. Se você quiser linkar o Cresce.Net(www.provedorcrescenet.com) no seu blog eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. If is possible add the CresceNet(www.provedorcrescenet.com) in your blogroll, I thank. Good bye friend.

Richard J said...

Thank you for your kind and heartfelt comments. I hope you'll come back often...

Anonymous said...

Thank you Richard for your mention of my podcast Missionary Talks. I really enjoy doing the program and am pleased to read your kind words.

Richard J said...

DPeach--Thanks for doing Missioanry Talks. It's great to hear what God is doing all over the world. It gives me a perspective that's not completely self-absorbed...