Thursday, November 8, 2007

They Call Me Coach...

I now have a new title--Coach! I'm coaching Little McGyver's YMCA team. Our first practice was tonight. It went pretty well, considering the kids are 5 to 7 years old, and I don't have a clue what I'm doing.

First game? Tomorrow night. We should be completely ready. Actually, practice doesn't mean a lot at this age. Mostly the kids seem to all end up moving in a blob, first under one basket, then the other. My job is to keep the kids from killing someone on the other team.

Someone did manage to snap a pic of my coaching debut. I think my boy has a real future in basketball...


3 comments:

Cap said...

Wow, you are a lot thinner than last time I saw you Richard. Been on Atkins?

Anonymous said...

How quickly our little ones grow! It seems like just yesterday that Sam was 5. (Love the shorts!)

Richard J said...

Cap--It's the suit. Makes all the difference!