Friday, November 23, 2007

A sad day for the J family...

It is a sad day for us. We had to have our sick dog, Maxine, put to sleep today. She seemed to recover for a few days from her illness. But she got worse over the last couple of days, when we took her to the vet this morning, there was nothing else to be done.

Little McGyver is pretty upset. The girls are a little young to get the whole idea of what's happening. And of course, the Mighty Mrs. and I are sad. Max was the first living being we took care of together.

Pray for us. I know she was just an animal, but she was important to us...

4 comments:

Cap said...

Sorry to hear about the dog. I know how it is, my family went through loss of 3 basset hounds and a parakeet. I do realize pets are just animals, but they are part of the family. About this time last year my parents lost another dog, a cute miniature schnauzer they had, who had a great personality.

Cap said...

btw, do you have any pictures of the dog you can post?
See, Michelle asks to see kids, I like to see dogs, not that I don't like kids too of course LOL.

Michelle said...

I send condolences to the Mighty J. Clan.

Richard J said...

Thanks guys for the kind wishes. I don't think I have any pictures of the dogs. We spend so much time taking kid pics that there's little room for anything else...