Sunday, October 5, 2008

My kids' current musical favorites...

I have always enjoyed all different kinds of music, even if they weren't the popular styles of the day. That's why I love the fact that my kids enjoy listening to music that's different from what most kids are listening to. They get introduced to a lot of unusual music because their father flips channels incessantly on the XM radio in the car. And they have discovered some great music.

I've posted before about my son's love affair with Chris Tomlin's music. Little MacGyver used to listen to Tomlin on my iPod when we were leaving the YMCA. But he's found a new favorite group on my iPod, and it makes my heart proud.

Here's what he's listening to now. And, yes he asks to hear these guys all the time:



Now, my youngest, the girl formerly known as Toddler Houdini, is jumping on the music bandwagon. A couple of weeks ago, I sang a little bit of an old song to her. Then I made the mistake of showing her a video of the song on You Tube. Now, every time she comes into my office, she wants to see and sing this song. She really gets into the "Ba ba ba's" at the end:



As for DisneyGirl, she loves just about everything she hears. Music just makes her happy. Last I checked, this was still one of her favorites:



The music is crazy around our house. Doesn't anyone just watch the Backyardigans anymore?

5 comments:

Cap said...

I prefer this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUyTZlJnRns&feature=related

Band Nanny said...

She has great taste in music.

It brings a smile to my face... ok, so I've heard "Elvira" more times than I want to admit.... but what great memories. :)

Richard J said...

Cap--Stop it! Just stop it! My oldest girl walked into the room just as I clicked that link. She started jumping around and dancing with the music.

You are a very evil man...

BN--You've heard Elvira before? I'm surprised...

Michelle said...

We need to take your kids to an Oak's concert.....

Cap said...

Wait till she finds out the Brady kids have a cartoon show too!