Friday, July 25, 2008

DisneyGirl turns 5!!!

Today is a special day in the J house. It's DisneyGirl's 5th birthday! We're all exhausted from the mighty Mrs. J being gone a lot the last 2 weeks. (Her mom was in the hospital. She passed away yesterday. Pray for her and the family.) So we decided to just order pizza, and watch a movie together. (Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium, if you're wondering.) (Oh, and Pizza Hut.)


Here she is just before her second birthday, waving from a train in Colorado. (The train isn't moving. We won't let the kids ride on trains alone until they're 7.) She was so excited that day, running around the train museum. She is one kid who is always ready for adventure...








...and here she is tonight, as I brought out her birthday present. She is so much fun, and she is so thankful when she gets something.












Here she is with her present, a big pink scooter. Just like her brother (except that his is red). She drove it around the room for a few minutes until it fell and made a big dent in our floor. I think it's a toy for outside. I'm sure we'll be out riding first thing in the morning.













Here's a note to my sweet girl, who I'm sure will be reading this before too long: DisneyGirl, you are a special, precious gift to your mommy and daddy. Every day, we are thankful that God allows us to live with such a special girl. You have a heart filled with joy, wonder, and imagination, and you fill our days with fun and adventure. Remember: God loves you more than you'll ever know, and we are so happy and proud to have you as our daughter!

4 comments:

Emily said...

Congrats tot he beautiful DISNEYGIRL!!!!! :) Many blessings on your special day! And may this year bring more happiness and joy and GOOD TIME for you! :)

Michelle said...

Congrats to Disneygirl. She is beautiful! They grow up fast huh? :)

I have been reading but not commenting because I have been looking at blogs through a reader. Faster but can't make comments......

Cap is back in his mind again on his blog. Go encourage him to write! :)

Richard J said...

Em--Thanks!

Michelle--They do grow up fast. I'm glad you commented. I thought you didn't love me anymore. I cried every day. (Well, not every day...)

I visited Cap's blog. Looks like we need to be on our best behavior...

Jennifer said...

You are a joy to our hearts!!! I love you, you sweet 5-year-old!