Thursday, December 6, 2007

A tough time at the J house!

It is true that I have been mostly absent since the beginning of December. The biggest reason is that National Blog Posting Month exhausted me. (Yes, I am easily drained of energy. Thanks for noticing!)

The other reason is that we've been going through a great, but hard transition in the J family. As of this past Sunday, Toddler Houdini decided that she was no longer sleeping in her crib. She's learned to climb out of it! So she is getting used to sleeping in an actual bed.

By "sleeping," I really mean, "Running throughout the house as soon as Daddy turns around." This is not going smoothly for any of us. I see this face a lot:














Usually while she's making this face, she's saying something like, "No, daddy, no want it dark!" Then she runs away laughing. (And if you're wondering, I do rule my house with an iron fist, as you can tell.)

She is really asserting her independence, which is cool. But it's frustrating. And when you add in the fact that I'm tired at the end of the day, it's not a pretty picture.

But we're working it out, figuring out what works best to help her transition to her Big Girl Bed. Then we'll go back to the good old days when we looked more like this:



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lord, help us!

Richard J said...

Who is this commenter? Does anyone know how I can block her?

Anonymous said...

HEY! Thats MY Sister. Nobody blocks Her!!! LOL.