Monday, December 31, 2007

New year's resolutions...

Since some of my friends are doing resolutions (see here and here), I thought I'd jump in. Even though my record at following through on them is not great (I still can't ride one of these, and I never made the opening-day roster of this team.)

Here's a few off the top of my head:
  1. Stop using cliches, like"off the top of my head,"
  2. Have fewer expectations of myself and my kids, and embrace even our mistakes,
  3. Spend less money on me, and more on people who really have needs,
  4. Take God seriously, but not too seriously,
  5. Keep regular contact with good friends,
  6. Take better care of myself, since I have kids now who'd like me to stick around,
  7. Be thankful every second for the girl who had the bad judgement to marry me,
  8. Spend less time griping and more time being thankful,
  9. Use the internet for important things, like keeping in touch with people I care about,
  10. Not use the internet for less important things, like this,
  11. To live out this phrase: man's chief end is to glorify God, and enjoy Him forever. Heavy on the glorifying, heavy on the enjoying.
  12. Make sure no one who ever lived in the Arkansas governor's mansion is elected president...

No comments: