Thursday, August 14, 2008

One great thing about America...

I like to gripe about America as much as anybody. (Actually, I probably complain more than most.) But I also realize how blessed I am that I live in this country. Especially when I look at all the nonsense that is going on all over the world. And, although I'm a little freaked out that either this empty suit or this waffler is going to be president come next January, I'd still rather live here than anywhere else.

One of the things I am most thankful for is the ability to worship freely. My family and I are not part of a traditional church. We do get together with other folks, and different people take turns hosting the group for fellowship times. And we can do this without being afraid that we'll be shut down, arrested, or harassed by the government. That's a special freedom that I hope my children will be able to enjoy and appreciate.

There's actually no point to this, except that I'm thankful for my freedom, and I pray that all Christians will soon be able to worship freely...


No comments: