Monday, April 7, 2008

Something I hadn't thought of before...

Luke 22:31-34

"Simon, Simon, Satan has asked to sift you as wheat. But I have prayed for you, Simon, that your faith may not fail. And when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers."

But he replied, "Lord, I am ready to go with you to prison and to death."

Jesus answered, "I tell you, Peter, before the rooster crows today, you will deny three times that you know me."

What does this say about the love of Jesus for His people? He could look into the eyes of a guy who was soon going to deny Him 3 times, and pray that Peter wouldn't lose faith as a result of what he was about to do. And, Jesus was already setting the stage for Peter's restoration. Before Peter even sinned!

That really is amazing love...

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Well....Jesus WAS amazing! :) I am planning on calling you this week by the way....I haven't forgot!

Richard J said...

I know Jesus is amazing, but sometimes I forget.

We've all been sitting here by the phone for so long. The children cry a little every day. They ask me, "When is Michelle going to call?" I tell them I don't know, but we have to be strong a little longer.

Isn't that a touching story? It's not, technically, true in any way. But I've never let that get in the way of a good story...

Jennifer said...

BTW, Michelle, is that you with Captain Sparrow?

Richard J said...

I'm confused now. Which one is Captain Sparrow?