Monday, January 21, 2008

The saddest day of the year???

My friend Michelle wrote a bit about the fact that some experts say that January 21 is the most depressing day of the year. I don't know if that is true, but it might be. I know I've been feeling a little post-New Year's drag.

I know in my case, it's not weather-related, because I'm in almost-always beautiful southern California. Some of it is physical, because I've been spending a lot of time inside recently. I don't think being locked in an tiny office for hours at a time is really conducive to good spirits.

Much of it is probably emotional and spiritual. When I'm working on a project, I tend to get wrapped up in it. And I neglect everything outside work and family. That means I don't call my friends back. Praying goes right out the window. I don't contact my family that lives in another state. Then of course I feel bad about my failures as a friend, child of God, and relative. That makes my mood even worse.

Yes, it is a lot of fun being me.

The good thing is that all of these things can be changed. I can only go down this road so long before I've got to make a u-turn. I think the turn is coming soon.

Sorry there's no wacky comedy today. And no kid pics either. I'm sure I'll be back to normal festivities within a couple of days...