Saturday, August 18, 2007

Focus, people, FOCUS!


DisneyGirl is probably the most imaginative girl I know. She's constantly got scenes playing out in her head. Either she's in the dark woods, or in the ocean, or at Disneyland. And she's some character in the movie in her head. I'll call for her, and she'll say, "I'm not DisneyGirl. I'm Baby Deer, Spotted Deer." Or she's Little Doggy Puppy. It's hard to keep up with who she is at any given moment.

I love how creative and passionate she is about her pretend world. The only time it gets annoying is when the Mighty Mrs. J or I want her to do something. She is so far into her world that she never even hears us.

I have a real dilemma. She needs to listen when we call her. But I don't want to ruin her imaginative spirit. I also don't want her to grow up too fast.

I guess I really don't have much of a dilemma at all. She'll have decades to be an adult, and do adult things like come when she's called. She'll only be the world's cutest 4year-old for a short time. I hope that instead of being annoyed, I can just enjoy how inventive and imaginative she is. And I hope she never loses that part of her. Even when she's all growed up....

No comments: