I am somewhat disappointed. But is this going to ruin my Wednesday? Hardly. I can think of a lot of reasons that I have to be happy. Here's a few:
- I have a wife who is smart, funny, and hotter than 10 supermodels. And, she loves me a lot.
- I have 3 kids who make me laugh (and cry) all the time. And, they love me, too.
- God loves me, even when I vote for a loser presidential candidate.
- We have enough, more than enough, to provide for our needs. And a lot of our wants, too.
- God's going to take care of us, no matter how bad the president is.
- We survived one Clinton presidency, we'll get through another one.
- We even survived Jimmy Carter. Plus, afterward, we got Ronaldus Magnus.
So, let's count our blessings instead of our defeats! I think our job in the political process is simple: we need to be engaged and involved, but never consumed. Ultimately, we trust that God uses even deeply flawed people to accomplish His purposes...