Sunday, September 9, 2007

Trip to the fair...



We spent Friday at the LA County Fair. What a blast! The kids had a great time, as you can see by the pics. It wasn't too hot, like it is many years when we go out there.

The fair is our yearly chance for the kids to see farm animals. Otherwise, they would only interact with a cow when they go to McDonald's.

It was also a very cool chance for Little MacGyver to go rock climbing. He's a natural at it. He's light, he's strong, and he's great at figuring out where to put his feet and hands. And I get to stand at the bottom and cheer him on! It's such a great picture of what I think being a dad is all about. I get to encourage him, point him in the right direction, make suggestions about what he should do. But in the end, he's responsible for what he chooses to do. I pray he'll make life decisions that are as great as the ones he made yesterday on that rock wall.

However far he climbs, I'll be there to cheer him on...


No comments: