Saturday, April 14, 2007

Brought low by sickness

I've got the "dragged down by illness" blues. I have been so sick over the last few days that I can hardly function. Now some people would say this is a simple case of a cold or flu bug getting me. But I'm pretty sure it's some exotic strain of flu. Maybe not bird flu, but maybe the hamster flu. I don't know. All I know is that I am sick.

Now here it is Saturday night. I'm WAY too sick to church with the regular folk Sunday morning. Besides, 2 of the families have newborns, and I don't want to pass on the dreaded Southeast Asian Jungle Gerbil Flu to one of the babies. I'll stay home with McGyver and DisneyGirl. The Mighty Mrs. J will go on with The World's Sweetest Toddler. I know everyone will miss my joyous presence, but they will have to carry on. I'll be doubly joyous next time to make up for it.

No comments: